Ph.D., Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Niankai was born in Hubei Province, China. He obtained his Ph.D. in the field of chiral primary amine catalysis under the guidance of Prof. Sanzhong Luo at the Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2014. In July 2016, he began a postdoctoral appointment with Professor Song Lin at Cornell University where he has focused on the development of asymmetric C-H bond functionalization methodology.
1. Fu, N.; Zhang, L.; Luo, S. “Chiral Primary Amine Catalyzed Asymmetric Michael Addition of Malononitrile to α-Substituted Vinyl Ketone.” Org. Lett. 2015, 17, 576.
2. Fu, N.; Guo, Y.; Zhang, L.; Luo, S. “Chiral Primary Amine Catalyzed Asymmetric Tandem Reduction-Michael Addition-Protonation Reaction between Alkylidene Meldrum’s Acid and α-Substituted Vinyl Ketones.” Synthesis 2015, 47, 2207.
3. Fu, N.; Zhang, L.; Luo, S.; Cheng, J.-P. “Chiral primary amine catalysed asymmetric conjugate addition of azoles to α-substituted vinyl ketones.” Org. Chem. Front. 2014, 1, 68.
4. Fu, N.; Zhang, L.; Luo, S.; Cheng, J.-P. “Asymmetric Sulfa-Michael Addition to α-Substituted Vinyl Ketones Catalyzed by Chiral Primary Amine.” Org. Lett. 2014, 16, 4626.
5. Fu, N.; Zhang, L.; Luo, S.; Cheng, J.-P. “Chiral Primary-Amine-Catalyzed Conjugate Addition to α-Substituted Vinyl Ketones/Aldehydes: Divergent Stereocontrol Modes on Enamine Protonation.” Chem. Eur. J. 2013, 19, 15669.
6. Fu, N.; Zhang, L.; Li, J.; Luo, S.; Cheng, J.-P. “Chiral Primary Amine Catalyzed Enantioselective Protonation via an Enamine Intermediate.” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011, 50, 11451.
7. Zhang, L.; Fu, N.; Luo, S. “Pushing the Limits of Aminocatalysis: Enantioselective Transformations of α-Branched β-Ketocarbonyls and Vinyl Ketones by Chiral Primary Amines.” Acc. Chem. Res. 2015, 48, 986.
8. Li, J.; Fu, N.; Zhang, L.; Zhou, P.; Luo, S.; Cheng, J.-P. “Chiral Primary Amine Catalyzed Asymmetric Epoxidation of α-Substituted Acroleins.” Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2010, 6840.
9. Li, J.; Fu, N.; Li, X. Luo, S.; Cheng, J.-P. “Chiral Primary−Tertiary Diamine−Brønsted Acid Salt Catalyzed Syn-Selective Cross-Aldol Reaction of Aldehydes.” J. Org. Chem. 2010, 75, 4501.